Applications for mentors are now open.
The Law Society of NSW Women's Mentoring Program engages women in the profession with experienced law practitioners to support, encourage and promote their career progression through a mutually-beneficial mentoring relationship. The program aims to contribute to the advancement of women in leadership roles across the profession, including the position of principal in private practice, the Bar and the Bench.
Please click here to read further on the Law Society of NSW Charter for the Advancement of Women in the Legal Profession.
. Eligibility Criteria Mentees
To be eligible for the 2017 program, mentees must:
- Be female with 5+ years experience practising as a lawyer;
- Be in current employment as a solicitor;
- Be a member of the Law Society of NSW*
- Commit to meeting with their mentor at least once per month for the 10 month program;
- Complete and submit an online application form with payment;
- Agree to a check being conducted with the Law Society’s Professional Standards Department to ensure there are no disciplinary reasons why the applicant should not be accepted into the program.
We are also seeking mentors who meet the following criteria:
- Are experienced, senior lawyers with at least 10 years PQE (both men and women encouraged);
- Be a member of the Law Society of NSW;
- Willing to meet with their assigned mentee on a voluntary basis at least once per month over the 10 month program;
- Agree to a check being conducted with the Law Society's Professional Standards Department to ensure there are no disciplinary reasons why the application should not be accepted into the program.
* If you are not currently a Member of the Law Society of NSW, please click here to apply
Please note, that we will endeavour to find suitable matches. However, this is not always possible.
|9 November 2016||Applications open|
|27 January 2017||Applications close|
|22 February 2017||Information workshop & program launch cocktail reception|
|27 February 2017||Introduction for regional participants (Webinar)|
|19 July 2017||Progress review meeting|
|6 Dec 2017||Program close meeting|
Applications for mentees have closed. Applicants will be advised of their successful placement in early February.
Completion of training and attendance at program events or webinars is a program requirement.
The information provided in your application will remain confidential and will be used to identify an appropriate mentor or mentee. Some information you provide may not be used when identifying an appropriate partner. Your mentoring partner will be able to view the information you provide in your application.
What participants say
“It’s so inspiring to connect with someone in the same position you were in ten years ago, and you get motivated again because they have that energy.”