WelcomeWould you like:
- Guidance for your personal and professional development in the Club industry, from someone with a wealth of experience?
- An opportunity to reflect on professional challenges and achievements?
- Satisfaction from helping others and contributing to the future success of the profession?
- A chance to develop your mentoring and leadership skills?
The CMAA National Mentoring Program aims to bring industry professionals together to inspire, teach and cultivate the next generation of Club leaders.
The CMAA National Mentoring Program pairs emerging club managers seeking guidance and support with more experienced practitioners who are willing to commit time and energy to the professional development of another practitioner.
The CMAA Mentoring Program is a 6 month program, from June to November 2017. Applications are open until 26 May 2017
WHY IS THIS PROGRAM IMPORTANT?The CMAA National Mentoring Program will be an important component for developing, sustaining and satisfying professional careers for Club managers and helping them to attain higher levels of certification.
Participants in mentor programs report a number of benefits from their participation: improved confidence, self-awareness, clearer direction, better communication skills, listening skills, feedback skills, more assertive communication, and enhanced management skills. Some examples of what our mentors may assist with:
· Act as a source of information and insight
· Suggest relevant options regarding career development or strategies for achieving professional goals
· Recommend possible resources to improve specific critical project management skills
· Help the mentee solve professional challenges in their working life
· Discuss issues of professional ethics
· Discuss workplace related issues and options for how these may be addressed.
What's Involved?Mentors and mentees will be matched according to application details and are required to attend three events - Program Launch, Mid-Program Review and Program Close delivered via Webinars.
During the program, mentors and mentees will be expected to be in contact at least monthly.
Mentees and mentors will also be asked to complete Art of Mentoring online program training to prepare them for their mentoring relationship. Acceptance into the program is conditional upon your commitment to completion of the training. Art of Mentoring is a leading Australian mentoring consultancy that has been engaged by CMAA to assist with design and management of the pilot program.
During the program, you will receive frequent communications from the Program Facilitators, giving you helpful tips and information about mentoring and access to other relevant materials available for supporting mentees.
During and at the end of the 6 month program you will be invited to provide feedback to CMAA about your experience. Your acceptance into the program as a mentee at the introductory fee rate is conditional on your willingness to provide the requisite feedback for evaluation of the pilot program.
Who can apply?
To join as a mentee, you must:
- be an Club Management professional aspiring to a more senior Management role, a CEO role or a larger CEO role (if already a CEO of a small Club),
- be a financial member,
- have been in industry for 12 months or more,
- have the support of your Club,
- be able to allocate necessary time to program
- be a CEO, General Manager, Secretary Manager or very experienced Senior manager (this will be at the discretion of CMAA),
- have been in a Senior Leadership role for more than 10 years ,
- be a financial member,
- be able to allocate necessary time to program.
Both mentees and mentors must also be willing to attend program events, complete the training provided and provide feedback via online surveys.
|Information Webinar**||12.00-12.45pm, 16th May 2017|
|Applications Close||26th May 2017|
|Program Launch Webinar||12.00-1.00pm, 13th June 2017|
|Progress Review Webinar||12.00-1.00pm, 16th August 2017|
|Program Close Webinar||12.00-1.00pm, 29th November 2017|
FeeThe fee for mentees for the pilot program is $350 + GST. Payment is due once the mentee has been matched and has a place in the program. The special pilot fee rate for mentees is conditional on completion of training and surveys.
Mentors are volunteers - they are not paid and there is no fee for their participation. As well as the opportunity to contribute their experience to other members, mentors will also receive CPD points.